Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gone fishin'

Actually Todd was the only one who was gone fishing so it was me and the girls this weekend. Paige knows that she gets to sleep in bed with Mommy when Daddy is out of town. I actually like her sleeping with me; however, the only "alone" time I get is when she is asleep. Not the best planning on my part. I managed to convince her to go to bed without me.

Saturday I took Paige to get her hair cut. She wanted her hair cut like her friend Sadie's. Sadie's hair doesn't grow much at all so she has a pixie cut. Do you really think I'm going to get her hair cut that short? Ms. Celina cut a couple of inches off and it looks fabulous. She used the hair dryer and the flat iron on it so guess what...it looks like I'm going to be adding that to our bedtime routine. Not sure I want to add something but she looks so pretty and not like the little raggamuffin that I'm used to. Of course we will see what she looks like when I pick her up from school tomorrow. After her hair cut we went to the grocery store to buy ingredients to make chocolate covered strawberries - Paige's request. I had never made them before but it was easy and a huge success. After Audrey was in bed, Paige and I enjoyed running races and playing hopscotch in the driveway.

I was talking to Paige while she was washing her hands and she told me "Mom, will you please stop bothering me. I just want to be left alone. I need some privacy." I am so in for it when she becomes a teenager.

Audrey is such a good baby. She adores watching Paige's every move. Audrey is on her 4th ear infection since June 1. I will probably call the ENT next week to schedule an appointment. The infections don't seem to bother her. She just laughs and squeals all of the time. She isn't even close to crawling but you can tell she would definitely like to start moving. Here are a few pics from the last two weekends.









3 comments:

timluanne said...

Ms. Paige's hair looks so cute! Hey does Audrey give herself her bottle yet? If she is laying flat try to raise her up a little bit..also they might suggest getting rid of the binky.. we had to do all of this with Zach when he was 10 months old because we were getting the ear infections.. couldn't remember if I had told you that before.. hate to hear she is going to be like her big sister and have to get tubes probably in the future! Glad to hear you girls had a good weekend!

Matt and Deachi said...

Darling pictures! It looks like you all had a great weekend!
Don't you love the privacy thing? It cracks me up! Now when Calyn goes to the bathroom she always says "mom I need my privacy now" (in other words I need to go #2) So funny!!

Jackie said...

The girls are getting so big! Paige looks like a little girl these days (especially with the new "do"! We miss you guys. We need to get together soon!