Sunday, November 15, 2009

Second Trip to Dentist

I don't even remember if I posted anything about Paige's first trip to the dentist in May but it was very unsuccessful. She had a "lap visit" and barely let the dentist look in her mouth. Dr. McCandless assured me that the trips would get easier. Well, 6 months later Paige is officially a big girl. I can't believe how much she has grown up in 6 months. She got right up in the chair and let them clean her teeth and do the exam without any problems. I also want to add that we were probably at the dentist's office for a total of 15 minutes max - how awesome is that! Too bad all appointments aren't in and out like that. Of course I didn't have my camera with me so I didn't get any pictures of this milestone.

Something else I want to mention about Paige is that in addition to being a chatty Cathy she has started singing about everything. She just makes up songs about whatever she is doing. Most of the time it is very funny but sometimes Todd and I feel like we are trapped in some really bad musical.

Todd's deadline (my deadline for Todd) for the nursery is quickly approaching. He assures me that it will be finished before he leaves on Saturday to go on his week long Thanksgiving hunting trip. My parents and sister will be here for Thanksgiving so I'm sure I can convince them to help me put the finishing touches on the nursery. I would love to have this marked off of my list of things to do. Obviously, Todd and I are complete opposites when it comes to planning and getting things done. Even though it drives me crazy to wait until the last minute, he has always been true to his word in 16 years and hasn't failed me yet. I'm sure he gets a big kick out of watching me cringe. He did put the crib together today and got some of Paige's baby clothes out of the attic for me. I'm happy to report that there don't seem to be any major stains on any of the clothes. Paige and I had a great time going through the clothes. She is very excited about having a baby sister and there is no doubt in my mind that she is going to be a very helpful big sister.

Hope everyone had a blessed weekend. Ours has been relaxing and productive. Now for the countdown to Thanksgiving!

No comments: