Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Things have been great

Well, I know I haven't updated in quite some time. What can I say, I've been lazy. However, I do jot down all of the things that I need to add. Paige has been really great lately. Either we have gotten past her super-independent streak or I have just become more consistent and she knows the rules. HA! I am sure I just jinxed myself. We have been having a lot of fun. Here are a few of the funny things she has been saying:

Everyday on the way home from work we pass a really tall radio tower. I haven't paid that much attention to it but one day Paige says "we can't climb that Mama, it is too tall." Of course I agreed with her and told her that it would be dangerous to climb so high. Now she tries to remember the word 'dangerous' which is adorable.

We have a Cinderella and an Ariel Barbie that you can play with in the bath tub. Paige has been playing with them and having conversations with them. One night, she asked Cinderella if she needed to poop. She lifted Cinderella's skirt to check her diaper and said, " you poop?" After a thorough inspection, Paige came to the conclusion that Cinderella didn't have any "stinkies". Not sure where she got this term but it was funny. She proceeded to wipe Cinderella's bottom and change her diaper. Hopefully, all this bathroom talk means we are closer to being a little more interested in potty training. On that note, let me give her a shout out because she did go pee-pee on the potty at school last week. I am thinking that if she picks it up there we will be able to make more progress at home. I had her in big girl panties today and set the timer to remind me to take her every 20-30 minutes. I was putting laundry away and noticed a big puddle on the floor. You guessed it - she went pee-pee and it didn't seem to bother her one bit. I was certain that the mess would freak her out. Will keep you posted as we progress.

Paige is still doing really well at school. They love her there and always comment on how she follows all of the rules. Let's just say I think she is definitely the teacher's pet. On several occasions when I have picked her up from school, she has informed me that we don't the computer and we don't touch the phone. I can just picture bossy, little Paige telling the other kids that. She definitely needs a sibling. The teacher's pet, rule-follower thing is just another way that she acts like me.

Last night, I was reading Paige a book about rain. I asked her "what do we use to protect us from the rain?" I felt like this was an advanced question and wasn't expecting much of an answer especially since there wasn't even a picture of an umbrella. Paige looked at me and replied, "we go inside". Todd and I laughed hysterically - I never thought she would come up with that one.

Other than that we've just been playing and watching our two favorite movies, Finding Nemo and Madagascar.

1 comment:

amy s said...

What a character Paige is! Sounds like you guys have had a great start to September.
Miss you all.