Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Ike, Ike Baby
Yes, I know it has been quite some time since I have updated this. I have several little posts to add. We survived Hurricane Ike. We actually only lost power for 22 hours and we didn't have any damage. Todd's Mom and Carl live in Crystal Beach. They were down there during the duration of the storm. We were sending text messages back and forth. We got the last text message from them on Saturday morning at 2:30 a.m. that there was lots of water at the door but not in the house yet. Their house is on pylons 16 feet in the air. We really didn't think they were going to make it. Around 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, Todd received a phone call from them. They were in Texas City. We were so relieved!!! The National Guard rescued them and their 5 dogs via helicopter. You can actually see the video of Todd's Mom being rescued on youtube - just type in Crystal Beach hoist rescue. Todd picked them up and they have been safely with us ever since. It has been an adjustment getting everyone situated and comfortable at our house. The dogs are just started to relax and get used to their new environment. Karen and Carl have been down to Crystal Beach and have been able to salvage some of their belongings. Now, they are just waiting on insurance adjusters and things like that. Todd's Mom has been very helpful around the house and I am getting more spoiled than I was before! Paige is having a great time getting to know her Memaw and Poppa Carl and playing with the dogs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment