We had a very relaxing weekend in OKC visiting Todd's Dad and Stepmom (Grandpa & Grandma). They are both doing very well and it was so good to see them. My parents also drove up to visit since Perryton is only 4 hours from OKC. It was a nice family reunion.
Paige is always saying funny things. She is talking so much and already asking WHY about everything. I don't know what kind of answers I will be able to come up with when she is 3. Today, we were driving home from work and she asked me to turn the button. Let's assume she was talking about the volume button on the radio. I turned it and she told me, "No Mama, turn it to the right." We have talked about right and left but I really don't know how she knows these things. Then, tonight when I was tucking her into bed she wanted me to pat her. The teachers do this at school during naptime. As I was patting her, I told her to close her eyes and she told me "no Mama, I'm just blinking".
I don't know how many of you watch the show Jon & Kate plus 8 but my Mom thinks that Paige acts like Maddy. She does have those types of meltdowns. It is absolutely incredible. She throws things and walks to the corner, crosses her arms and sticks out her lip. Who knew that my own dramatic tendencies would turn on me in this way?? She has also mastered stalling techniques. We were sitting on the potty forever and I finally told her that we needed to put the book away and take a bath. She decided this was a perfect moment to talk to Mommy in a not very nice way. I reprimanded her and she continued to do it. I asked her if she was trying to get in trouble. As I put her in the bathtub, she curled up her legs and screamed "I'm in trouble. I have to sit in my room. I'm in trouble." That silly girl - willing to do anything to get out of a bath.
I know that all of my funny stories usually involve Paige misbehaving. She is very sweet and polite most of the time. She is going to be a cowgirl for Halloween but I have been wondering if they make the good/evil - angel/devil costume in a 2T. I can't think of anything more fitting.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment