In February 2001, the year we moved to Houston, I told Todd I wanted plants for my birthday. Don't ask me why because although I like the idea of having live plants everywhere, I hate taking care of them and I'm not good at it at all. Needless to say, most of the plants died except for our sago palm and ficus. Gunner, our lab, ate the ficus 2 summers ago. But the Sago Palm was the heartiest of all. I guess it represented our"love fern" like on the movie "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." Of course we aren't a very sappy couple so that metaphor is a bit of a stretch. That Sago palm pretty much died and revived itself too many times to count. Todd finally planted him in our backyard in 2006. It was really thriving and so amazing considering all that it had been through. Last summer, we had professional landscaping done in our backyard which required moving the Sago to another corner of our yard. This was the final challenge for our "love fern" and he just wasn't up for it. A few weekends ago, we planted a new Sago, our family tree. Paige seemed to enjoy helping Todd plant the palm.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a great idea! Sorry to hear the other one didn't make it... I knew you were worried about it. Paige is really growing up! Congrats on the potty training too.
Post a Comment