Paige and I babysat Maddie & Sam tonight so that Josh & Jen could have a night out. We had a really good time. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a little anxiety watching 3 month old twins and having Paige with me but everything went smoothly. I just haven't been around little babies in quite some time and Paige is just now ok with me even holding a baby. Paige had fun and was very helpful. Of course by the end of the evening she wanted me to hold her and told me she was a baby. Keep in mind I only watched them for a couple of hours before they went to bed. There was only about 15 minutes of craziness. It was time for Samuel to eat and Maddie was crying in the swing. I was planning to ignore her because I am pretty sure that she would have fallen back to sleep. However, Paige didn't care for this option. She did not like when the babies were crying. Somehow I managed to carry both babies which I might add is very difficult. I asked Josh & Jen about it when they got home and they said they didn't really know how to carry both of them either. It isn't the carrying part that is difficult but getting them both in your arms. Anyway, I fed Sam and managed to get Maddie back in the swing - yes after just a couple of minute of fussing she fell right back to sleep. Maddie had her last bottle about an hour after that. They both went to sleep without much fussing at all. Except for those crazy 15 minutes (oh I forgot to mention that somebody was knocking on the door - I ignored them), the most difficult part was remembering to remind Paige to sit on the potty. She didn't have any accidents on Friday and only one yesterday so things are going well. Before I go, I want to say how happy I am for Josh & Jen - they waited a long time for their two little blessings. They are amazing parents and I am so happy for them. I can't wait to watch the babies again.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment