Well, if you follow our blog you should know that I go through phases with posting. I'm definitely playing catch up. As we try to do every year, we travel to Perryton for Thanksgiving. It is about a 10 hour drive without children or dogs. We are extremely blessed and have 2 of each. Since I was low on PTO (no surprise, there) I was only able to take off half a day of work. We left around 2:00 on Wednesday and drove to Wichita Falls. There was quite a bit of traffic along the way. Todd booked us a suite hoping for 2 separate areas. It was just one big giant room at a "dog friendly" hotel. However, I don't think they had a lab in mind when they made the hotel dog friendly. Todd successfully snuck the dogs in. Let me cut to the chase, the sleeping arrangements were Todd, Paige and Gunner in the bed and me, Audrey and Sam on the pull-out sofa. As if that doesn't sound like quality sleeping, around 4:00 a.m. Todd thinks he saw somebody stealing a truck out of the parking lot. We made it out of there pretty quickly. The rest of the trip was uneventful and relaxing. It was just us and my parents for Thanksgiving and we had a wonderful time. Can't believe I didn't get any pictures of my parents with the girls.
Todd bought Paige camo to wear on the trip. He took her "hunting" with him one evening. She liked looking at all of the animals but said it was boring because they didn't shoot anything. It was so nice to get to visit wit family and relax over the holiday. I am so thankful that God has blessed with a fabulous husband, two beautiful girls, a great job and lots of family and friends.
Audrey never wants her picture taken but since we were trying to get a picture of Paige by herself, Audrey got in all of them.







No comments:
Post a Comment