




Paige celebrated her 3rd birthday on March 5. On her birthday, I took cupcakes up to the school. Paige insisted that we hang out at her school and play with her friends afterwards. I could tell that she really loves going to school. I contemplated not having an actual birthday party for Paige this year but she has been talking about her birthday for months. I feel like b-day parties have gotten out of control so I decided to invite a few friends and try to stick to a budget of $100. Well, I did go over budget but I spent around $130 so that isn't too bad. I knew that if I asked Paige what kind of b-day party she wanted she would say "Lightning McQueen". I decided that I would do some research and try to come up with something creative. We had a bug themed birthday party. Ladybugs, butterflies, caterpillars and bumblebees. I spent a couple of weeks tracing, cutting out and gluing bug crafts together for decorations. The kids decorated their bags with bug stickers, I gave them a bug net and they hunted for bugs in our backyard. I found plastic eggs that looked like bugs. The kids seemed to have a really good time. I made a caterpillar out of cupcakes - nothing fancy. I need to give a big shout out to my family (Todd, Mom, Dad, Amber & Jimmy) because I was actually really sick the weekend of the birthday party and they helped me pull it all together. Even though it seemed hectic at the time, I must admit that I enjoyed being crafty. It fell right into my former career path as an elementary school teacher. Paige had so much fun and she is still talking about her bugs so it was all worth it.

1 comment:
Happy birthday Paige!! I can't believe she is already 3! Our babies are getting too big! Cute idea for the party!
Post a Comment