Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

We had a very relaxing Sunday. We were all up very late the night before. We had the Vogel and Hernandez families over on Saturday night for the UFC fights. The kids enjoyed playing on the water slide and they stayed up late and watched a movie. Needless to say it was after midnight before we all got to bed. We let Todd sleep in for Father's Day. Of course Paige went into our room several times to tell him various things. At one point, she did climb up on the bed and whisper Happy Father's Day to him as she gave him his gifts. It was very sweet. Around 10:30, the three of us enjoyed some family time on the water slide and had lots of fun. I think watching me slide down the slide is probably very comical. After lunch, we all took a nap which was exactly what we all needed. Todd's Mom bought Todd this very cute shirt for Father's Day that came with paint to put Paige's handprints on. Paige and her Daddy did that after dinner.

I haven't officially announced that I'm pregnant but lots of people know. My 12 week appt is this Friday. We recently told Paige that we were expecting. Yesterday, I pulled up my shirt to show her my belly and explained to her that there is a baby growing in there. Of course she wanted to see the baby but I told her it wasn't time yet. She is convinced that she is having a baby sister. However, she lifted up her shirt and told me that she had a boy baby growing in her tummy.

2 comments:

Matt and Deachi said...

So cute and again Congrats on the pregnancy!

timluanne said...

Oh wow that is great news! I'm so excited for all of you! Hope you are feeling well! Congratulations!