Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yes, we are still alive.

I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted anything. I will try to do a better job and post at least once a week. I will also try to post pictures this weekend. Paige is so entertaining these days. She has quite the imagination and is always pretending. We had our first family vacation to Sedona, AZ and we visited the Grand Canyon. Paige seemed to really enjoy it and it went really well. We did spend a lot of time in public restrooms - oh the joys of being potty trained, but other than that the vacation was very relaxing.

I took Paige to the ENT the week before we went on vacation to address the fact that she had been on antibiotics 6 times in 7 months for ear infections or strep throat. He recommended that she have her tonsils and adenoids removed, as well as putting in another set of tubes in her ears. Her surgery is scheduled for July 23. And yes, I have anxiety about this even though I think it will probably be the best thing for her. I had my tonsils out when I was 4.

Paige started her new school on June 1. Todd takes her to school in the morning so now they both get to sleep in. This is good because neither of them are morning people. She seems to be enjoying it and she hasn't cried much this week. It is a little weird for me not to see her in the mornings. However, I must admit that my drive to work is so relaxing by myself - listening to whatever I want on the radio, getting lost in my thoughts. I am working different hours now so I get off work 30 minutes earlier which results in me and Paige getting home from work/school at least 30 minutes earlier than we used to. It is great!

No comments: