We managed to make it an entire week healthy with no major meltdowns. I dare say it is a miracle. Paige went to school 5 days in a row. I don't think she has done that since the hurricane. Having her back on schedule has definitely helped alleviate some of the dramatizations she acts out. Right now she is really into fake crying to get her way. I keep telling her that she needs to work on her act because she has a tough audience.
A couple of funny "paige-isms":
1. She has been talking about "chicken legs" for weeks. I have been so confused because we haven't ever given her a drumstick to eat so I didn't know why she was talking about chicken legs. Imagine my surprise when we were driving up to Chick-fil-a and Paige was yelling "chicken leg". What an idiot I am. I can't believe I didn't pick up on that especially since that is the only chicken I can get her to eat.
2. Tonight when I was giving her a bath she was looking at her shadow and waving at it. She said "see my shadow, mommy?" Then she bent over and says "see my bottom, I'm shakin' it."(yes, she was actually shaking it). Of course Todd and I were laughing hysterically which encouraged Paige to do it over and over again. Kids are so funny. I wonder what I laughed at before she was part of our lives??
We are heading to Perryton on Wednesday. It is a much needed break for all of us. Yes, I am even looking forward to it in spite of the very long car ride. Paige and I are flying back on Monday while Todd hunts up there for the rest of the week. I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for - God has blessed me with a beautiful family, fabulous friends and I have even found a "career" that I enjoy. What more could a girl want?
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment