Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

We had a wonderful holiday weekend. This is the first year that we took Paige to see the fireworks display in Tomball. I usually have to work on July 5 so we haven't been able to stay up late in the past. When she first saw the fireworks she clapped and yelled "bravo, bravo, take a bow." We think she learned how to "take a bow" watching Barney and it really is one of the cutest things ever. Of course she will never do it on cue. My parents and Todd's Mom came into town so she got to spend some time with Yaya & Poppa and Mamaw.

We also finally converted her crib into a toddler bed on Thursday. She was really excited about the change. Last night we did our bedtime routine and I told her it was time for bed and she marched into her room and crawled into bed and fell asleep. She hasn't figured out that she can just get out of bed at any time. I am sure it will only be a matter of time before I wake up to little eyes staring at me.

Tonight when we were putting our jammies on I asked Paige for a kiss and she refused. I pretended to cry (this kid is totally going to need therapy) and she told me "Don't worry Mama!" I started laughing hysterically. Needless to say it was much later before I got that kiss. I figure I better get as many as I can before she is way too cool to kiss her Mom.

3 comments:

amy s said...

Congrats!! I'm so glad to hear that Paige is doing well in her big girl bed!

Caden asked me yesterday what Paige was doing and that he wanted to go see her. We miss you guys!

Amy

timluanne said...

Wow what a big girl!!! Yes you are so right about those eyes being right in front of you when you wake! Or when she comes in, in the morning and taps you on the head to tell you it is morning and she is awake and she wants her juice/milk! But is fun to see them be big!

Matt and Deachi said...

Yeah Paige!!!!! You are so big!