Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Crystal Beach

We went to Todd’s Mom’s (Mamaw) house this weekend in Crystal Beach. We took Paige to the beach and she had a great time. She played in the sand, played with seaweed and threw seashells into the water. We put her Dora life jacket on so she could go in the water. She told us that she was wearing her life jacket to “be safe”. I think I may have mentioned that to her when we were watching an episode where Dora & Boots have to wear life jackets. She was skeptical about going into the water very far but once she got out there she seemed to enjoy it. Then, she got irritated because Todd was holding her and she thinks she can swim on her own. She kept trying to swim on her tummy with her face in the water and ended up with a mouthful of that lovely, Galveston saltwater.

After nap time, Paige got to ride in the paddle boat with Todd. She seemed to really enjoy that for a while. She kept telling Todd that he needed to go “this way”, which of course wasn’t the way he intended to go. She does this to me every day when we are at intersections during our commute to and from The Woodlands. In fact, I believe tears were shed this morning because I didn’t go the way she wanted me to. The paddle boat ride was cut short because she was tired of wearing the life jacket. Poppa Carl finally made it home from work so we got to spend some time with him. Todd showed Paige some frogs and he picked one up and put it in the grass. Paige was not too happy about this and told all of us “don’t touch the frogs!” I have no idea why she thought it was a bad idea to touch the frogs but I must admit I don’t want to touch them either!

No comments: