Our sweet angel really likes and expects things to be a certain way. I know that they are really talking about potty training at school. So we have been talking about it a lot at home. She is almost out of "Mickey Mouse" diapers at school and officially in "Dora" pull-ups at home. Let's just say that on more than one occassion a fit has been thrown because she wants to wear her Mickey Mouse diaper. Since they change her diaper at school in the bathroom by the potty, I decided to try that at home. We tried to sit on the potty before we changed our pull-up but it wasn't long before she absolutely refused to sit on the potty and demanded I immediately help her put another Dora pull-up on. When my parents were here for the 4th of July, my Mom bought Paige tons of "big girl" panties. We have Disney Princesses, Minnie Mouse, Dora and Curious George. Paige picked out the Princess Belle panties to wear but decided that wasn't right and that she should wear a Mickey Mouse diaper. I guess that she just isn't ready and I am really going to have to rely on her school to help me with this since she spends so much time there. I have also learned that panties make excellent bracelets - that is how Paige prefers to wear them.
Don't get me wrong she is so sweet and really good most of the time but she can be super feisty! We have been spending a fair amount of time in time-out. The main reason is because we are just not talking very nice to Mommy. So, I put Paige in time-out during one of these meltdowns. While she is sitting there, I can hear her say "I spit", over and over again. I was dying to see what was going on but waited until her time was up. Sure enough my baby girl was leaning over the side of the chair spitting on the floor. I got her a napkin and told her to clean it up and she proceeded to hit the napkin out of my hand. Needless to say, she got to sit in timeout again. After the second time, she willingly cleaned it up.
She is still really enjoying school and she doesn't wear her backpack anymore. In hindsight that major transition only took her a month - that's not so bad! :)
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't help but laugh after reading about the spitting during time out! How did you keep a straight face?? Don't stress about the potty training, it will happen soon enough.
Ah the joys of two year olds! :)
We are having similar potty training issues as well. Hopefully soon enough Calyn and Paige will decide that going in the potty is much better!
Deachi
PS Calyn wears big girl panties as hats. She and Paige really know how to accessorize :)
Post a Comment